ENTRANCE FEES TO WARWICK CASTLE
Experience a totally electrifying day out at Britain’s Ultimate Castle. We will immerse you in over 1000 years of jaw-dropping history, come rain or shine. Where ancient myths and spell binding tales will set your imagination alight and your hair on end.
You’ll meet history face to face. Be prepared to participate in Castle life from battles and gore to romance and chivalry.
There has been a fort over looking the banks of the River Avon in Warwick since the year 914. Following the Norman Conquest a permanent structure was built at Warwick in 1068, the origins of which can be seen today. Over the years Warwick Castle was extended until it became one of the most formidable fortresses in England.
Later, as the Castle declined in military importance, the main living quarters were converted into a residence of rich and sumptuous style that reflected the wealth and status of its owners. Attacked in 1264, besieged in 1642 and damaged by fire in 1871, the Castle has nevertheless gloriously survived the ever-changing fortunes of history.
The Castle has witnessed many chapters including medieval war, daring knights, plague and disease, state visits and Victorian glamour and wealth.
Warwick Castle was home to the Earls of Warwick until 1978. Since then extensive restoration work has been carried out and substantial areas of the Castle, which were previously closed to the public, have been opened.
To this day, through restoration works and planned events and attractions, Warwick Castle continues to live and breathe history, its status remaining as Britain’s Ultimate Castle.
Warwick Castle is open every day of the year except for Christmas Day. We recommend that you allow 4-5 hours to enjoy and experience everything at the Castle.
• The East Front – Marvel at the Castle’s mighty defensive towers and ramparts including the gatehouse portcullis.
• The Great Hall and State Rooms – Fully restored to their 17th Century elegance and home to the Castle’s most prized artefacts
• Secrets and Scandals of the Royal Weekend Party – Experience life, upstairs and downstairs, in a Victorian household.
• The Mound – Explore the trial to the top of the oldest part of the Castle with splendid views of the Castle and grounds
• Kingmaker – Experience the sights and smells of 15th Century battle
• Grounds and Gardens – Relax in stunning ‘Capability’ Brown landscaped gardens on the banks of the River Avon
Experience more: Purchase tickets to the Castle Dungeon and Merlin the Dragon Tower either before your visit or on the day (subject to availability).