Secret Food Tours are run by real foodies, and they have made it their goal to introduce visitors to the ‘excellence of English’ traditional food. Since the small crew resides in London, they will be sharing with you their local knowledge of the dining culture and latest gastronomy trends. The team of London guides will take you to eateries and food shops, beloved by the area’s locals, and they know you will fall in love with them too.
London is quite literally the home of gin. With its rich history of distilling, exporting and of course, drinking gin, this city is the perfect place to begin your gin adventure. Forget about your Bombay Sapphire’s and your Gordon’s, London is abuzz with brand new distilleries, always experimenting with different styles, flavours and botanicals. Come with us and discover the beating heart of the booming gin industry in the UK.
Experience the story of gin whilst sampling 7 uniquely different drinks – a journey which will transport you from its humble beginnings hundreds of years ago, right through the modern day craft distilleries of London; one of which is where our tour finishes with a more in-depth tasting of the gins they produce sustainably on site. Find out what makes Gin such an important part of our capital cities rich history, tasting your way through centuries of different styles in one afternoon
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
● Enjoy a delicious classic Gin cocktail at the first location, made using Gin distilled using the original method, only a 10 minute walk round the corner from the venue! ● Learn about the history of Gin in London and why it’s so widely loved in the city.
● Taste truly one of a kind Gin infusions at our 2nd location, designed by the bar’s self professed ‘Booze Engineer’
● We’ll head into our very own old school London boozer — amongst the locals – to enjoy a traditional G&T, made using a unique version of a very well known Gin.
● Learn more about the botanicals which are used to give Gin it’s flavour whilst you smell and taste the different elements.
● Take in some English history from centuries gone by whilst enjoying our secret sip!
● Finish our voyage with a step into the future, at a sustainable market and craft distillery, where all their Gin is made on site (using botanicals from the beer garden — no less). Here we will end with a fruity, refreshing treat.
Outside the Shipwrights Arms, 88 Tooley St, London SE1 2TF, near London Bridge Station. If travelling to London Bridge underground station, you would need to exit via the London Dungeons side and head right — past London Bridge National Rail station. You will see some arches converted into restaurants on your right, and a green pub called the Shipwrights Arms. Our guide will meet you there with their orange umbrella.
The tour will end at 42 Newington Causeway, London SE1 6DR; directly in-between both Borough and Elephant & Castle underground stations.
Mon – Sun at 3.30 pm
No Service on UK Bank Holidays
Mon – Thu 12 pax; Fri – Sat 10 pax