Secret Food Tours are run by real foodies, and they have made it their goal to introduce visitors to the ‘excellence of English’ traditional food. Since the small crew resides in London, they will be sharing with you their local knowledge of the dining culture and latest gastronomy trends. The team of London guides will take you to eateries and food shops, beloved by the area’s locals, and they know you will fall in love with them too.
On our Secret Gin Tours: Edinburgh, you’ll enjoy a variety of gin-based drinks from across Edinburgh and Scotland.
Edinburgh has always had a strong relationship with gin, and over the last few years, our gin scene has exploded with Edinburghers drinking more gin than any other city in the UK!
Our tour will share with you some of Scotland’s finest gins, several of which have been made right here in Edinburgh and will also show you how one
simple recipe can vary so significantly from distillery to distillery. You’ll be taken to some of our favourite places for gin in the city, starting in Old Town, heading over to Southside and finishing in Kirk o’ Field.
At the end of your tour, you’ll have sampled some of Edinburgh’s most delicious gin drinks and gained a better understanding of our culture and history.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
● Meet your guide and fellow gin lovers around the corner from one of Edinburgh’s
most iconic views, Victoria Street.
● You’ll taste 6 gin drinks, across 4 stops. (3 full size and 3 tasting measures)
● We’ll visit part of one of the oldest streets in Edinburgh, the Cowgate
● We’ll absorb the atmosphere and the history of this special neighborhood.
● You’ll try a cocktail in Scotland’s first dedicated gin bar
● We’ll balance the educational and historical information with delicious drinks along
● We’ll finish the tour in one of the newest distilleries in the city, where you’ll sample
gins and gin liqueurs that have been made on-site
The meeting spot is outside the Augustine United Church on George IV Bridge, where our guide will be waiting with an orange umbrella and a big smile!
The Edinburgh Gin Tour ends on St Leonard’s Lane in Kirk o’ Field, just next to Arthur’s Seat.
Mon & Friday- Sunday at 14:30
Approx. 3-3.30 hours