One of the highlights of the British sporting calendar, the Formula One Rolex British Grand Prix is a must for Formula One fans!
Silverstone is recognised as one of the fastest circuits in the world and where the first World Championship Formula One race was ever held in 1950.
F1® drivers call the Formula 1® Rolex British Grand Prix at the iconic Silverstone Circuit ‘insanely fast’. We simply call it one of the world’s greatest sporting events. Throw in a great weekend-long party and the race is on.
In addition to all of the exciting track action you’ll see, we also put on an incredible line up of concerts and entertainment activities across the weekend for fans.
- Silverstone is the oldest race in the Formula 1® calendar
- England is home to seven of the Formula 1® teams – Mercedes, Williams, Red Bull, Renault, Force India, Haas and McLaren are all within 80 minutes’ drive of the circuit
- At 5.891km, Silverstone is the third longest Formula 1® circuit
- The Silverstone track is a former World War II aerodrome
- Driver’s call Silverstone one of the most challenging tracks on the calendar, as it’s “insanely fast”
- 2018 marks our 70th anniversary where we will host special celebrations throughout the event
05 JUL 2018 – 08 JUL 2018