With so much to see and do in Aberdeen, our partners Rabbie’s Travel and Tours are offering 3 new fantastic 1 day tours, launching on the 1st April 2019, with a guaranteed 16-seater coach on each tour
Encompassing a range of road trips with stunning coastal views, walking tours exploring iconic city centre sites, whisky distilleries, historic castles and magical mountains, these tours are a wonderful way to explore this amazing region of Scotland.
DUNNOTTAR CASTLE & ROYAL DEESIDE
This tour encapsulates so many wonderful sights – grand castles enclosed by pine forests, the Cairngorms National Park and distilleries galore. Combining her Majesty’s favourite holiday spot with a trip to Dunnottar Castle, this day trip is guaranteed to leave lasting memories on any visitor.
- Dunnottar Castle – This clifftop fortress has seen the greats of Scotland’s history pass through its gates. Perched on an impregnable clifftop overlooking the North Sea, it’s an unmissable sight.
- Falls of Feugh – Stretch your legs and breathe in the invigorating Highland air at these magnificent waterfalls.
- Braemar – Braemar has a strong association with the British royal family and the annual Highland Gathering.
- Cairngorms National Park – Gaze in awe at Scotland’s most beautifully rounded peaks.
- Muir of Dinnet – This landscape has been shaped by ice, wind and water. It truly is one of Scotland’s most impressive National Nature Reserves.
SPEYSIDE WHISKY TRAIL
Sample the best drams of Scotland’s premier whisky region on this tour of the Speyside Whisky Trail where a guided tour will teach you the secrets behind the distillation process and you can taste one of the finest drams at the place it is casked.
- Speyside Cooperage – Find out how casks are made at this essential attraction of the Speyside Whisky Trail.
- Cardhu Distillery – This sweet whisky is one of the smoothest you’ll ever try.
- Glenfiddich Distillery – Arguably, the distillery that created the global demand for single malt whisky.
- Cairngorms National Park – Pine trees line the rolling hills of this beautiful region of Scotland.
- Huntly – enjoy a refreshment stop at Huntly, a quintessential Scottish Highland village.
LOCH NESS & THE HIGHLANDS
Legendary monsters, mystical standing stones, and history-changing battles, this tour is the best way to see the Scottish Highlands in a day.
- Glenfiddich Whisky Distillery – Set your sights on the place that makes the world’s best-selling single-malt whisky.
- Loch Ness – Go on an optional boat cruise or wander around this alluring and eerie loch.
- Clava Cairns – An ancient site of tombs, stone circles, and ruins. It may also have inspired the famous ‘time portal’ in the Outlander TV series.
- Culloden Battlefield – In less than an hour, around 1,500 men died in this battle. Explore the battlefield and learn how this tragedy came to pass.
- Grampian Mountains – Enjoy classic views of one of Scotland’s most mesmerising mountain ranges.
Last year, 2 of our team members from our Edinburgh office, Nicky and George were kindly hosted by Rabbie’s on the Loch Ness tour, here is some feedback from their experience of the day:
“In May 2018, we had the pleasure of joining the LOCH NESS, GLENCOE & THE HIGHLANDS tour which lasts 10 hours. We gathered at the pre-arranged meeting point; where everything was so well organized, there wasn’t a moment of confusion for us.
The tour started at 8:00am, with our driver Nick showing us the route we would follow on the map. Throughout the tour we had several photo stops at amazing spots with breath-taking landscapes and we even encountered the famous Highlands cow!!
During the tour, Nick entertained us with fun facts about Scotland and Scottish people while he was narrating great Scottish stories and legends of the country which were really captivating!
We were really amazed by the beauty of Fort Augustus, where – as it was really windy that day -we decided not to go on the Loch Ness cruise but to walk around and do some souvenir shopping.
We genuinely enjoyed this tour and we definitely recommend it to everyone!”
To book, or for further information, please speak to any of the ASA team who will be delighted to assist you